From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Mohit Shah Shah
Sent: 16 June 2012 22:51
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: [AI] A question, which is not really a question

Hi all,

First of all, let me take this opportunity to wish you a very happy half
year.
Now, I'd like to ask a question which may not appear to be of much
importance, but which makes a lot of difference to me at least.

As I am sure many of you know, I go to college and to other public
places with the help of my driver who acts as my sighted escort.
While this method works perfectly, I've often encountered one flaw in
the plan, so to speak.
As soon as my class gets over, my escort comes and takes me to our car
for going  home.
Similarly, when we go out somewhere, my driver comes to pick me up as
soon as I come out with my friends from that place.
So, because of this what happens is that my friends get to chat and
have fun even after the class, while I miss all the fun because my
escort picks me up immediately after the work that we went for is
over.
One possible solution could be to ask my friends to drop me to my car,
but they also drop me immediately after we're done and continue
talking away and making merry afterwards.
So, how can I ask my friends to not drop me immediately to my car
considering that I don't have a really concrete reason for hanging on
in the first place?
What should I ask my escort to do in these cases?

This is often a source of a little bit of annoyance for me and leaves,
you know, a sour taste, so to speak as I don't properly get to say
goodbye to my friends after having had such a great time.
Plus, it might even make them feel that I'm a nerd and don't wish to
socialize.
Please answer this question as earnestly and sincerely as you can
because what might seem like a petty thing to you might mean a lot to
someone else.

I am yours most sincerely,
Mohit, Gopalkrishna, Sarvapali, Mahindra, Vishwakumar, Sarmprasad, Shah :P