From: accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in
[mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of Bharat
Sent: 17 September 2012 22:27
To: Accessindia
Subject: [AI] unfare treatment while opening account: SBI

Hi All,

I would need your help here. Recently I have been trying to get a
joint account with my brother in the Nehru Place branch of SBI.
Initially, the bank officials were extremely hesitant to open my
account. However, after a lot of procrastination, my account has been
opened under: 'illiterate' catagory, wherein, I've not been provided
with any ATM, chequebook or netbanking etc. but only with an account
that can be opperated in OTC or over the counter manner, wherein I
would have to be present physically in the branch to carry out all the
transactions including balance inquiries & so on.

I have gone about researching the details of  Banking Ombudsman & have
found out the same on the RBI site at:

http://www.rbi.org.in/scripts/PublicationsView.aspx?Id=6564

however, unfortunately, it only lists the options for contacting the
concerned authority via snail mail, in so that, it doesn't list any
emails or other contact forms.

request you ot assist me with the relevant contact details of the
authorities, so I may do the needful.

your help & ideas would be appreciated.