could you please provide the short cut keys of xl formulate?
On 9/22/2012 11:11 AM, zoher kheriwala wrote:
 You can achieve this through (if) formula.
type the following farmula in the b1 cell.
=if(a1="nashik","nsk",if(a1="pune","pn"))
hope it will solve your problem.
zoher kheriwala taheri menswear mumbai. skype id zoher.kheriwala
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mukesh" <mukeshbaviskar....@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Friday, September 21, 2012 9:59 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Excel formula

   Hello Ashutosh,
Thank you. It is working fine. Now I have one more query:
cell a1 cell b1
any name of district abbreviation of district
(for example: Nashik: nsk, Pune: pu, Latur: l, etc)
My question is:
When I type a name of any district in cell a1 the abbreviation of that particular district should come in cell b1 automatically. Suppose I type 'Nashik' in cell a1 the abbreviation of Nashik should automatically come in cell b1 'nsk'. Please guide me at the earliest because I have to complete my database within two/three days. Thank you.

Regards

Mukesh Baviskar