Hello Vivek,
I have solved my problem by using 'if' function. But I would like to learn
'look up' function from you tomorrow. Please illustrate it using following
information for me.
column a column b
name of districts abbreviations
Ahmednagar: AH
Akola: AK
Amravati: AM
Aurangabad: AU
Beed: BE
Bhandara: BH
Nashik: NSK
Pune: PU
Latur: L

These are some abbreviations of districts. Please send me a excel file as
attachment illustrating the 'look up' function at the earliest.
Please also let me know how to avoide duplicate entry from the database in
excel. I know the remove duplicate function but instead of removing it manually
later I want to prevent duplicate entry while entering the data. Thank you.

Regards

Mukesh Baviskar