From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Kartik Sawhney
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:22 PM
To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
Subject: Re: [AI] Complications with writers

Hi,

It actually depends what sort of formulae you want to write. For
instance, if I talk about the formulae that I deal with (in Physics,
Chemistry and Math), most of them can simply be written the same way
as any other text. Wherever I find that the formulae cannot be written
this way, I write it in an alternate manner and then, write a note
stating that the particular alternate symbol that I've used implies
the otherwise actual symbol.

For instance, consider this simplest illustration. Consider two finite
sets having four elements each. If I am to find the arithmetic mean of
the intersection of the two elements, I will simply write it as:

Let the two sets be A and B

To find the mean of the intersection of sets A and B

Let set C=A i B where i denotes intersection
Arithmetic mean=mean of elements in set C

Note that this usually works in most cases. I've also been able to
manage calculus (both differential and integral), vector algebra,
among other topics this way.

I'm sorry I'm not particularly sure of the content beyond class XII
Math and Science, and can't really give you a very detailed picture.
BTW, there are also software packages such as Latex etc. that can
enable you to achieve this.

I'm talking about the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), and
I will be taking the All India Senior School Certificate Examination
(AISSCE) (class XII Board Examinations) next year.

Regards,

On 11/15/12, Umesha Economics <umesha....@gmail.com> wrote:
> dear Kartik,
> how can we write formulae? I need it very frequently. also happy to see that
>
> your board is flexible to accommodate both computer and a scribe
> simultaneously. can you give details of your board and exam?
>
> Umesha

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls
asking for personal information like your bank account details, passwords, etc.
It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any manner
to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.

mobile devices on: