This comes as a shock to me.  I knew Abdul since my subscription to
Access India.  Later on we both were involved in a project of Retina
India wherein we used to interact over Skype every week.  It was
during that time we became very good friends.  Our friendship went to
such an extent that I went all the way from Tirupati to Pune just to
spend a few days with Abdul and three others.  It was Abdul who took
care of all the hospitality arrangements at Pune for all of us.  We
had a great time in that trip, and Abdul was the entertainment
provider.  Now I can only sit and memorise those days with him.

He was  an inspiring character who used to put everything in simple
and positive terms.  He had a heart surgery last year.  And he was
involved in a Retina India event and coordinated things even from the
hospital bed.  I believe it was that heart problem that took him away
from us.

As others opined, I too believe that the community lost an influential
personality.  And I lost a great friend.  May his soul rest in peace.

--
G. Vamshi
Mobile: +91 9949349497

www.retinaindia.org