Hi All,

Education is key to empowerment. Education is critical to make blind and
visually impaired persons contributing members of our economy. The
education that  blind people get should be at par with what other citizens
have access to.

There have been a number of innovations that have been made across the
country to include blind and visually impaired into the mainstream. There
are a number of interesting efforts made to make teaching of Science and
Maths interesting and possible like the efforts made at the Deonar
school,Hyderabad. Besides the various technologies and products used to
make education, exam writing etc accessible. For a blind person to be fully
included, he/she needs to get quality education. The episode will seek to
establish that quality education can be provided. The National education
programmes must start counting blind and visually impaired persons as part
of the diversity that exists in the classroom and hence must evolve
pedagogic techniques, curriculum, school designs etc accordingly. The
educationists should recognise the need for including blind people in
school and must believe in it. In essence we would like to establish that
blind people can be included in the National scheme of things and they must
be included. The serial will project the possibilities and the motivation.

Folks, please do share examples of good education practices,  examples like
the Delhi Public School (R K Puram),, Innovative teaching methods deployed
in schools whther special school or inclusive schools, Examples of students
who have been well included,

At the end of the day, we want the country to include us. Your
contributions are welcome and deeply appreciated. Please do not change the
subject line.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.

Warm regards,

George

George Abraham

CEO