jaws is undoubtedly a powerfull screen reader. as the bank is concerned, unfortunately, management is ready to provide screen reading software but, they are not agreed to make their portals accessible. in other words, most of the banking software like finacle and HRMS does not follow the international accessibility standard and web content accessibility guidelines. in that case providing either screen reader may not at all fulfil the purpose.

thanks,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nikita Vaid" <nikita.v...@bankofbaroda.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>; <vib-in...@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 05, 2013 6:44 PM
Subject: [AI] query about JAWS and NVDA

Hi dear list members,

I have never used NVDA but would like to know precisely what is the
difference between the functioning of JAWS and NVDA?

Especially from the Office work point of view.

The context of my question is that, if I was to recommend my Management
to purchase a screne reading software for all the Vi employees in our
Bank, than which software should I recommend, JAWS or NVDA? Knowing the
fact that NVDA is definitely an economically viable option.  But what
about its functionality?

Kindly give me your honest views at the earliest.

Thanks and warm Regards,

Nikita V. Raut,

Senior Manager [HR]

Baroda Corporate Center, Bank of Baroda,

This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of
the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND
PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is
is appreciated.