can anyone provide the basic commands of N v d a , i want to switch to
it from jaws due to stucking of jaws. i have installed it but dont
know some commands in it. please if you people have any document
related that for a person who start n v da , from scratches . thanks

On 3/9/13, Ankit rajiv Jindal <ankitjinda...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Excel and powerpoint in my opinion works better with jaws. While NVDA
> has its heart in the right place, it is difficult to replace Jaws  in
> an enterprise environment. Folks at Freedom  scientific has especially
> ensured that office appplication work well,  from a productivity point
> of view.
>

> On 3/9/13, Pranav Lal <pranav....@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Nikita,
>>
>> I see a few problems with the currently released version of NVDA in an
>> enterprise environment.
>> 1. There is no central tech support. Yes, you have a user community but
>> this
>> can take time.
>> 2. You do not have enough scripters for a scripting ecosystem. You may
>> have
>> to get custom scripts developed and I don't know if there are people
>> willing
>> to do this for a fee.
>> 3. NVDA does not handle complex formatting and things like viewing charts
>> in
>> Excel. Moreover, I have been unable to find a function that does things
>> like
>> list objects in a word document or in an Excel worksheet. You need this
>> if
>> you need to access pictures and move them around or add alternative text
>> tags to them.
>> 4. Web pages are tricky. Some work better with jaws while others work
>> better
>> with NVDA. I don't have any examples as of now. The HDFC Bank website
>> comes
>> to mind. There was a time when NVDA was not speaking the information
>> relating to the submit and cancel buttons in the funds transfer web
>> pages.
>> These buttons were unlabeled image links but jaws has a variety of
>> options
>> to choose from in terms of speaking different elements relating to
>> unlabeled
>> image links.
>> 5. I did not find a mechanism to label elements on a web page. This comes
>> in
>> handy in adapting semi-accessible web interfaces. My employer has a
>> travel
>> request filing system. The edit boxes are unlabeled. So I have had to
>> label
>> them using the jaws custom page labeling feature. Yes, I can talk to my
>> employer about accessibility but I have been hired for a given set of
>> tasks
>> and I would prefer spending my time on my primary job. Moreover, a lot of
>> IT
>> is outsourced so making any changes to software involves cost from the
>> vendor.
>>
>> I would ask the bank to buy Jaws but to keep NVDA handy for situations
>> where
>> jaws failed.
>>
>> Pranav

>> of
> [...]

(Doctor Umair, Terrorist for Terrorists)