Dear friend, it is your miss understanding.
Neither instentbird nore any other mesinger which has access to facebook will not show facebook contacts.
With regards from Inamuddin with the skype id: charlsdarwin1

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mahesh S. Panicker" <maheshspanic...@gmail.com>
To: <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Monday, April 29, 2013 10:56 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] about skype & facebook chat

Well, unfortunately, the only way is to sit and wait, and hope it'll
be fixed one fine morning!. In the meantime, install instantbird and
hope it would work. Again, we can't say it would. I had installed it 3
days back, it experienced a similar issue as in Skype when it comes to
facebook chat, but it has started working since yesterday evening.
Regards,