From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Umesha Economics
Sent: Monday, November 11, 2013 6:09 AM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issuesconcerning
thedisabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] Using Pearl+Openbook as scanner

what is a 'Pearl camera'?

Umesha

----- Original Message -----
From: "CHANDRANI DE" <chandranid...@gmail.com>
To: "accessindia" <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, 06 November, 2013 8:04 PM
Subject: [AI] Using Pearl+Openbook as scanner

I have Pearl camera and Openbook 9.0. I want to scan some multipage
documents and save them as an image file (TIF or JPEG). How do I use
the Pearl+Openbook as a plain scanner?

I basically want to check that the multi-page document is being
acquired correctly and then save as an image file. If I put the
Acquire/workflow mode on "Acquire as image only", it directly saves as
image file without allowing me to check whether the image has been
captured properly which is very inefficient. Also only 1 page can be
saved each time so a 2 pager document has to be split into 2 files
which is also not helpful. On the other hand, If I keep the workflow
mode as "Acquire and Read", it doesn't give me the option of saving as
an image file - I can save it only as openbook file/ word file etc,
which doesn't serve the purpose.

Can somebody help me on this? Would much appreciate it.

Regards,
Chandrani

ia.org.in

sent through this mailing list..