Dear Friends,
Sorry for replying to a topic which is one month old, as i have not been
checking the mail regularly.

Yes,
 the price of Pearl is quite high therefore we have been using Lex
camera scanner at our university which is similar to Pearl but in some
cases even better and the price is only Rs. 48000/-. As Ms Chandrani
mentioned that she is facing problems in saving in image format. Lex has
 the feature of saving the scanned book in high resolution JPEG format
at 300 DPI. The pages can be rearranged as required before saving in
JPEG.

You can save the scanned book in pdf also which Openbook does not supports.
Also in doc, docx, rtf, MP3 and JPEG.

Any questions regarding the scanner ask me as we are using it in our JNU
library.

Piyush

On Tuesday, December 17, 2013 9:45 AM, Piyush Pant <piyushpan...@yahoo.com>