Dear Friends,

I totally agree that there should be a debate but as I had said
yesterday, the way Indian MP's think, chances of that are very slim.
Although the committee report and the bill are supposed to be debated,
it is not mandatory and the bill  could be passed without debate.  I
hope that there is a debate, I have been saying that since a long time
but at least if this goes to the committee after the next election, we
will have opportunity to place our concerns to the MP's.

On another note, we must also be reasonable and should be prepared to
negotiate or else, the bill may never become law for years to come.

With best wishes,

Ketan

On 2/4/14, Poonam <poonam...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My response to ketan is as follows:
>
> There is no contradiction in the bill going to the concern committee
> and a subsequent debate in the parliament. The usual parliamentary
> procedure is that every bill together with the report of the concerned
> committee is comprehensively debated in parliament after the concerned
> committee submits its reports. So, to my humble way of thinking, it is
> all the more important if the bill goes to the concerned committee  in
> which case the possibilities of a comprehensive debate taking place
> are even greater. If i am not very seriously mistaken, perhaps the
> bill may be refered to a joint select committee of the parliament
> under the relevant rules of parliamentary procedure and conduct of
> business.
>
> regards,
> Poonam.
>
> Time to meet up again!
> Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:
> http://accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

Ketan Kothari
Phone: [r] 24223281,
Cell: 9987550614