The Rights Bill without rights in the present global context is a mockery in
itself and any bill will just be nothing more than another semantic
exercise.
We must remember that even with the 1995 Act, we have to wait till October
2013 when the Supreme Court have to intervene thanks to Mr. Rungta.
  There is a great deal of  difference the way the 1995 Act was formulated
and the New Rights Bill being conceived today.
20 years ago when the 1995 Act was prepared, many of us must be students and
today we are well matured, well informed and motivated enough to shape our
destiny for ourselves and even for future generations.
Nothing About US without US!
Global perspectives on disabilities have considerably improved and we cannot
afford to lag behind.   Hense all efforts must be put right now for the best
bill possible.
Let us all strengthen Mr. Rungta and Mr. Dipendra at this most momentous
juncture.
Now that the Bill is tabled in Rajya Sabha, focus must be on the necessary
additions and amendments.
We should raise our issues with the members of the Select Committee of the
Rajya Sabha.
We can have more informed debate on the Rights Bill during the AccessINdia
convension.
  Regards,
Rajasekhar
Hyderabad