From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
Shireen Irani
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2014 5:04 PM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] Fw: Proposed amendments to the Rights of Persons with
Disabilities Bill 2014

what about redresal of grieviances??
is it possible to add something which can take care of action taken
against institutions, public transport, etc, in case of any form of
harrasment or inconveniences caused during the use of public
fascilities??
i'm saying this, keeping in mind the several complaints of
miss-behaviour experienced by so many on this list itself, in the past
year, by bus conductors, and railway employees who refused to give
concession on several accounts, and college heads who refused to
recruit people.
it would be nice, if there's somehow a concrete committee that would
look into these matters, and, more importantly, a deadline fixed for
action taken in these regards.

secondly, also with respect to the equal treetment of disabled women,
in cases of police complaints against sexual wiolance. especially for
mentally disabled women to be taken seriously in these matters.

please ignore if these comments are already taken care of, in some
other legal provisions, or, if my suggestions sound naive.
thanx.

On 2/10/14, Kanchan Pamnani <kanchanpamn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
>       (e)    multiple disabilities from         amongst persons under
> clauses     (a) to (d) including deaf     blindness in posts identified
>    for each disabilities:
>

>       Provided that the National Commission or the State Commission for
> persons with
>

>       S.No.
>
>      Proposed clause by the Ministry
>

>      disabilities, as the case may be, may, having regard to the duties and
> functions of a particular posts in any establishment, exempt the recruitment
> to such post by notification from the purview of this section.
>

>       (3)The appropriate Government shall, by    notification, provide
> relaxation of upper age limit for employment of persons with benchmark
> disability in accordance with the instructions issued by that Government
> from time to time.
>
>       12.
>      Clause 76- Removal of Chairperson and Members

>       (c)    is of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent court,
> or
>

>       13.
>      Clause 89-Removal of Chairperson and Members.

>       S.No.
>
>      Proposed clause by the Ministry
>

>       (d)   is of unsound mind and stands so declared by a competent court,
> or
>

>       14.
>      Clause 114.Power of Central         Government to make rules.
>      New sub clause may be added:-
>
>       (2)(b) the manner of providing support of limited guardian under
> sub-section (1) of section 13.
>

>       15.
>      S.No. 1 of the Schedule
>

>       "Autism Spectrum Disorder" means  a neuro-developmental condition
> typically appearing in the first three years of life that significantly
> affects a person's ability to communicate, understand relationships and
> relate
>
>               to others, and is frequently
>
>               associated with unusual or
>
>               stereotypical rituals or behaviours.
>

>       15.
>      S.No. 11 of the Schedule
>

>       The definition of low vision to be notified by the Central
> Government.
>

>       16.
>      Clause 39.
>

>       The National Commission shall,          formulate and enforce
> regulations for the persons with disabilities laying down the standards of
> accessibility for the physical environment, transportation, information and
> communications, including appropriate technologies and systems, and other
> facilities and services provided to the public in urban and rural areas.
>

> Kanchan Pamnani
> Advocate & Solicitor
> 9, Suleman Chambers,
> Battery Street, Colaba,
> Mumbai - 400 039.
>

> Time to meet up again!
> Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:
> http://accessindia.org.in/harish/convention.htm

Time to meet up again!
Register for AccessIndia Convention 2014:

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls
asking for personal information like your bank account details, passwords, etc.
It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any manner
to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.