Hi.
I perform the following safety measures to make my laptop run smoothly:
Disk Defragmentation- Search for Disk Defragmenter in the Start Menu
and then open it. Ensure that when the window is open your focus is on
C: from the list of drives and then Enter on Analyze. After analysis
is complete, press Enter on Defragment. For advanced disk
defragmentation install Piriform Defraggler which is free and
accessible.
Registry cleaner- Install Piriform CCleaner to optimize and clean your system.
Tab until you land on Cleaner. Again tab until Analyze. After analysis
tab until Run Cleaner.
Tab until Registry. Tab until Scan for issues. After completion of
scan, tab until Fix all selected issues.
Also, verify that all your installed programs are not malicious or are adwares..
Hope that helps.