As a new comer, I'd like to present my opinion about this issue. Captchas are really annoying. In fact, they say it's for to prove as we are not a robot. There are plenty of ways to do that. If you're posting a comment against a news in times of India, they give us a small addition like 5+6 =? I personally feel that's the best way for proving as I'm not a robot. Which will also workout for both visually and hearing impaired people. ----- Original Message ----- From: "bhawani shankar verma" <bsvermad...@gmail.com> To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issuesconcerning thedisabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 3:04 PM
Subject: Re: [AI] Web visum problem

please read my mail carefully, I am concern for the person with deaf-blind not only for deaf. some of website provide clear audio, not all.

-----Original Message----- From: Hozefa Tambawala
Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 2:22 PM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled.

The similar point has been said by Zujar Kanchwala sir some months
back when the same topic is raised and now the same point is mentioned
by Sheik sir:
"The main intension of this CAPTCHA is for keeping servers high rather
making cluttering."

Now a day's many sites are providing better audio CAPTCHA which can be
understood properly.

If the person is deaf, he / she can see and enter the code.