Well, Isn't this post-modi reform ? This State is taking lessons
now,hmm. I hope that official notification in this regard may appear
sooner than 'soon' indicated in the article.
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/Ray-of-hope-for-blind-teachers-in-Gujarat/articleshow/43262651.cms

AHMEDABAD: Gujarat government given hundreds of blind people in the
state a ray of hope, as the education department has in-principle
agreed to recruit blind candidates, in reserved category for disabled,
as Vidya Sahayaks.

Earlier, Blind People's Association (BPA) approached the judiciary due
to the state government's reluctance to appoint blind candidates to
the 3% reserved jobs during a recruitment drive for 13,000 Vidya
Sahayaks across the state. The BPA sought the appointment for blind
candidates on the grounds that the state government didn't have any
exemption notification. The HC stayed the government from filling the
reserved posts.

Bhushan Punani, executive secretary, BPA, said that they had a meeting
with top government officials on September 19 at Gandhinagar during
which the officials agreed in-principle to recruit blind students.
"They have also agreed to provide the required infrastructure such as
teaching aids to schools they are posted in. The government will soon
issue a notification on the subject. The move will not only provide
employment to the blind but also encourage blind students to pursue
courses like BEd," he said.

Punani added that the government decision will have a lasting impact
on other government recruitments through competitive exams and the
quota for the disabled. "Earlier, the notification mentioned that only
those with 40% to 75% visual impairment would be considered eligible.
We approached the government over the issue and they agreed to include
even the completely blind. Moreover, the deaf (hearing impaired) were
not included at all. Now they have also been considered for the same
posts," he said.

Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, state education minister, said that court
orders are clear about recruitment of blind people and other disabled
people. "We are recruiting according to the court directions. If
lower-level officials are misinterpreting court directions and not
following orders, we will take appropriate action. Anyone with such a
grievance can contact me directly," he said.

--
Avinash Shahi