From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf Of
suryanarayana ganta
Sent: 24 September 2014 19:22
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning the
disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] 'agreed inprinciple': Blind can now hope to be teacher in
Gujarat

Dear avinash,
It seems, you are staunch opponent of Modi. Noone can say, Modi is perfect in
all directions. Modi have out done in many occasions. He is a principled man
with patriotism. He worked hard to control 2002 riots in Gujarat and working
hard for future India. Modi positive traits may be praised whereas his
negatives if any must be criticized.
As to come to this article, we must take it a very good welcoming step from
Gujarat government which is delayed. Many governments never take us in
cogniscence. In such cases we must educate them and grab our opportunities. Our
neighbouring Karnataka has the same problem where Modi is not ruler. As a
scholar, you can distinguish practicality and politics.

thanks and regards,
suryanarayana.

On 9/24/14, avinash shahi <shahi88avin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, Isn't this post-modi reform ? This State is taking lessons
> now,hmm. I hope that official notification in this regard may appear
> sooner than 'soon' indicated in the article.
> http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/ahmedabad/Ray-of-hope-for-blin
> d-teachers-in-Gujarat/articleshow/43262651.cms
>
> AHMEDABAD: Gujarat government given hundreds of blind people in the
> state a ray of hope, as the education department has in-principle
> agreed to recruit blind candidates, in reserved category for disabled,
> as Vidya Sahayaks.
>
> Earlier, Blind People's Association (BPA) approached the judiciary due
> to the state government's reluctance to appoint blind candidates to
> the 3% reserved jobs during a recruitment drive for 13,000 Vidya
> Sahayaks across the state. The BPA sought the appointment for blind
> candidates on the grounds that the state government didn't have any
> exemption notification. The HC stayed the government from filling the
> reserved posts.
>
> Bhushan Punani, executive secretary, BPA, said that they had a meeting
> with top government officials on September 19 at Gandhinagar during
> which the officials agreed in-principle to recruit blind students.
> "They have also agreed to provide the required infrastructure such as
> teaching aids to schools they are posted in. The government will soon
> issue a notification on the subject. The move will not only provide
> employment to the blind but also encourage blind students to pursue
> courses like BEd," he said.
>
> Punani added that the government decision will have a lasting impact
> on other government recruitments through competitive exams and the
> quota for the disabled. "Earlier, the notification mentioned that only
> those with 40% to 75% visual impairment would be considered eligible.
> We approached the government over the issue and they agreed to include
> even the completely blind. Moreover, the deaf (hearing impaired) were
> not included at all. Now they have also been considered for the same
> posts," he said.
>
> Bhupendrasinh Chudasama, state education minister, said that court
> orders are clear about recruitment of blind people and other disabled
> people. "We are recruiting according to the court directions. If
> lower-level officials are misinterpreting court directions and not
> following orders, we will take appropriate action. Anyone with such a
> grievance can contact me directly," he said.
>
> --
> Avinash Shahi
> Doctoral student at Centre for Law and Governance JNU
>

> Register at the dedicated AccessIndia list for discussing
> accessibility of mobile phones / Tabs on:
> essindia.org.in

> .in

> veracity;

Caution: The Reserve Bank of India never sends mails, smses or makes calls
asking for personal information such as your bank account details, passwords,
etc. It never keeps or offers funds to anyone. Please do not respond in any
manner to such offers, however official or attractive they may look.

received this email by error,  please notify us by return e-mail or telephone
viruses. The Reserve Bank of India  accepts no liability for any damage caused
by any virus transmitted by this email.