I too agree with the openion of bavya.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Vidhya Y" <vidhya....@gmail.com> To: "AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerningthe disabled." <accessindia@accessindia.org.in>
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2014 8:06 AM
Subject: Re: [AI] Regarding Inclusive Education and Special School.

ok Bavya, I read your mail.
will surely answer your questions tomorrow as I am very busy today.

On 11/1/14, sanjay <sanjaylpra...@yahoo.co.in> wrote:
First of all, I don't believe that blind people who study in integrated
schools will possess extraordinary skils of mingling with sighted folks. I

am also a product of special school. Forget about other books, we were not
even provided sylabus books properly. We were introduced to English
alphabets in 5th Std. Blaming my Kannada  medium school for not teaching
English is unfair on my part.  This was the situation in 1980's.    In my
neighbourhood, I had many sighted friends and I was even atending a tuition

classss with my sighted peers during weekends.
AT certain point of time we have to quit our native place for job/training purposes. When you go to new place, whether you are a sighted or blind we
all have to face initial ods.
I have seen many blind folks who have no business with any sighted person

but are living happily without mourning for sighted person(s)
assistance/friendship.  Perhaps, it is their 100% interdependent nature
which gave them this level of joy and confidence.  I said interdependent
nature because 100% independence is a myth. It is because of such people,

many inventions and innovations of products have been taking place
relentlessly.

Today's relations are based on common interest and reciprocity. Whether you are sighted or blind, as long as you have something to offer or share, you can always have good friends and relatives. As we mature from childhood

to adulthood, the dynamics of relations too change.
I have also seen blind people who could not have been educated well without

special schools.
I do support the view that   primary education should be given in special
schools. Then let the children and parents decide what suits them best.
Please don't go by the myth that  integrated schools  are the only way to
mainstream disabled people in the normal society. Such concepts hold little

value in highly individualised societies of today; and, this is the false

propaganda by some vested interests.