Dear friends,

I have been reading about difficulties of our friends in issuance of
I-card by DRM of Northern Railways. I have been trying to find a
circular and I succeeded in finding it on net. It appears to me that
people in DRM office are deliberately troubling persons with
disabilities. Therefore, I have decided to paste below the circular so
that these people will not be able to harass any more. If all of you
agree, we can fix up a date and all of us can reach there for our
identity cards. In case, you people decide to join together, let me
know and I will join you. My mobile No. is: 9868888124. The circular
is pasted below:

News Feed

Ministry of Railways - India
December 12, 2014 *
RAILWAY EXTENDS E-TICKETING FACILITY FOR BOOKING OF RAIL TICKETS TO
DIFFERENTLY - ABLED PERSONS
In order to afford greater convenience in the booking of rail tickets,
the Indian Railways has extended the e-ticketing facility to
Physically Challenged persons i.e. Orthopaedically handicapped/
Hearing & Speech impaired persons/Mentally Challenged/ Vision
Challenged passengers.
Such persons desirous of availing e-ticketing facility are requested
to submit their original handicapped medical certificate along with
two copies of recent passport size photographs, photo-identity proof
and proof of Date of Birth in the Commercial Branch of nearest
Divisional Railway Manager's Office. After due verification of the
certificate/documents, such persons will be issued Photo-identity card
through which facilities of e-ticketing can be availed for booking of
rail tickets.

Regards,

Yours sincerely,
Dr. RBL Soni, Retired Professor from NCERT