From: AccessIndia [mailto:accessindia-boun...@accessindia.org.in] On Behalf
Of Bhavya shah
Sent: Wednesday, March 18, 2015 7:16 PM
To: AccessIndia: a list for discussing accessibility and issues concerning
the disabled.
Subject: Re: [AI] Challenges in Learning How to Play the Guitar

Hi,
Regarding getting your position on the right fret, it will come with
practice.
Adding a question to the thread, do you all face issues in shifting
between chords? Any specific tips or advice for quicker and smoother
shifting of chords? I play lead fine, but despite quite some practice,
am not at a satisfactory level with playing chords. I'll keep trying
and practising for now...
Any tips would be appreciated.

On 3/18/15, raaju <bidh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello rahul, that's the problem with all the new guitar learners. But in
> order to overcome, try to practice. Try to play the guitar in simple songs
> at all. Try to sing yourself by playing guitar. Secondly, in order to
> record
> the notation or cord, , Braille provides the extra code, by using this
> Braille code, you may able to write the notation.

Behalf
> Of Rahul Bajaj
> Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2015 8:12 PM
> To: accessindia@accessindia.org.in
> Subject: [AI] Challenges in Learning How to Play the Guitar
>
> Hi All,
>
> I know this has been discussed before to some extent, but I couldn't find
> anything that specifically addresses my concerns. I have recently started
> taking guitar lessons and am facing 2 main challenges:
> 1. I am struggling to acquire a precise idea about the position of my
> fingers with reference to the fret board. More specifically, I often
> inadvertently skip strings or frets and have to make a concerted effort to
> get the finger positioning right. As a result, I take a lot of time to get
> from one note to the other which one cannot afford to do while playing a
> song. Second, what is the best way to record all the notations of chords,
> songs and scales? Any tips would be invaluable.
>

> Best,
> Rahul
> Sent from my iPhone

> ia.org.in