It seems to me that there is a greater gorge flowing between our
understanding of the post. first and foremost, the writer described 2
of her own experience not to demean the visually impaired but to
propagate the significance of equal opportunities. while we are ready
to accept the appreciation from the outer world (non-disabled), we
must also be ready to intra-community cleansing. undoubtedly the
so-called whistleblowers of the visually impaired deserves salute
because they are the one who stands empathetic while the so-called
self-proclaimed activists and the driving force of the future of the
visually impaired stand sympathetic in addressing the basic drawbacks.
I respect the argument on negative inhibition of the teachers on the
visually impaired though i personally disagree. "we get what we give."
its up to the visually impaired to break his or her back to dump the
false notion that prevails among the majority. its difficult, but not
impossible. its absolutely good to defend the malpractice of the
visually impaired under the circumstantial blockades, but such defense
proves that all the visually impaired are left with no options but to
malpractice. moreover, such notion would contaminate the sincere
visually impaired candidate who believes in him or herself in the
upliftment of the standard of living instead of opting for shortcuts
by citing the blockades. for example, during my mains exam this year,
one visually impaired candidate has come from Bangalore. first paper
whent on with little hustle and bustle to him. from the second paper,
he has begun to target the woman who was writing. the invigilator
found this. now what we expect him to do to that unprepared aspirant
at that time? is it fair to expect the invigilator to consider the
aspects of reformation because the aspirant has no options? or the
invigilator should reprimand the aspirant. undoubtedly as a
co-aspirant, i will opt for reprimand which is what the invigilator
has done. because the aspirant's intention to indulge in malpractice
not only sends a wrong message to the sighted invigilator, but it
hurts me, who is a fellow community member cum the prepared
co-aspirant. while we expect dignified treatment, we must do community
cleansing to avoid being the burden to the society. there is a long
long way to achieve community cleanliness and as is the dignified,
equal treatment. lets not be pseudo-libertarians,
thank you.
--
"It doesn't matter what we have, but it really matters what we do with
what we have."

With Sincere Regards

Balanagendran. D
IAS Aspirant