Dear Listers:

Follow below the daily  Eyeway Alerts exclusively  for you:

1. NewsAlerts-

 Inducing a new wave of workforce: Project Starfish aims to empower
millions of visually impaired . Two years back, on a very cold Boston
morning, my wife and I were invited to film a job fair held for the
blind,” recalls Subhashish Acharya, Founder, mentor, and trainer, Project
Starfish. Subhashish adds, “being an Indian, I wanted to film it for other
blind people so they could experience what strides these attendees had
made. It was thrilling to me, seeing these eager professionals lining up
with resume in hand to pitch their skills to the employers. I was shocked
when none of those 150 capable educated folks were hired. This was a major
turning point in my life because I saw firsthand the problems those with
disabilities face. More at
http://www.eyeway.org/?q=inducing-new-wave-workforce-project-starfish-aims-empower-millions-visually-impaired-read-more

Achance visit to a blind school for a school project turned out to be an
eye-opener for Santokh Singh and Khushwant Rai, two Jalandhar-based the
class XI students of Police DAV Public School, Jalandhar. They had gone to
the National School of Blind to study the life of the visually challenged
students for an English language school project but it was the slow
printing process in Braille that caught their attention. More at
http://www.eyeway.org/?q=printing-heart-felt-story

Bus Runs over two Visually-impaired Cricketers in a tragic accident, two
visually-challenged cricket players were crushed to death by a low-floor AC
bus of the Kerala Urban Road Transport Corporation (KURTC) at the bus stand
here on Sunday morning. The deceased were identified as Ratheesh, 29, and
Vinod, 32, members of blind cricket team Dragon Stars based in Palakkad.
The two cricketers were on their way to attend an administrative meet to be
held at Kochi when the incident happened. While Ratheesh is a native of
Cheruplassery, Vinod hailed from Thrithala respectively. More at
http://www.eyeway.org/?q=bus-runs-over-two-visually-impaired-cricketers

2. Job Alerts-

There is one post for Visually Impaired as Assistant Professor in
Faculty of Law,
University of Delhi. Qualification: Good academic record with at least 55%
marks (50% for candidates belonging to SC/ST or those who passed their
Master's degree prior to 19.09.1991 and hold a Ph.D Degree) or an
equivalent grade of B in the 7 point scale with letter Grades O.A.B.C.D.E &
F at the Master's Degree Level in Law from an Indian University or an
equivalent degree from a Foreign University. Cleared the National
Eligibility Test (NET) for lecturers conducted by the UGC, CSIR or similar
test accredited by the UGC or as prescribed by the Rules of University of
Delhi. Last date 26th June. More at http://www.eyeway.org/?q=jobs

There is one post  for Visually Impaired as Lower Division Clerk in
Tata Memorial
Hospital, Mumbai. Qualification: H.S.C. plus Certificate Course in Computer
Application (minimum 6 months) from a recognised institute.  Preference
will be given to graduates.  Candidate should have minimum one year
clerical work experience. Age Limit: 27 years. Last date 3rd July. Apply
online. More at http://www.eyeway.org/?q=jobs

3. Product Alert-

Blaze EZ version 1.2 and Blaze ETfrom HIMS International is now available
in Sparsh Products, Dehradun. It is a Standalone Scan to Speech device,
Daisy Player, Ebook reader, Media Player and More. Blaze ET has all the
features of EZ, but features a full numeric keypad and advanced features
such as direct file management, memo, calculator and alarm, and advanced
list navigation. Blaze ET improves on existing programs like the Media
Player by adding items like Repeat and Shuffle and the ability to create
and save playlists, and allows for continuous scanning of multiple pages in
the OCR program. You can also purchase dictionary add-ons for Blaze ET
including an English dictionary and Thesaurus as well as bilingual
dictionaries in Spanish, Italian and French. The  cost of Blaze EZ
version 1.2: Rs. 62,000/-, Blaze ET: Rs. 68,000/-. More at
http://www.eyeway.org/?q=blaze-ez-version-12-and-blaze-et

--
**
 Best,Binni Kumari|Programme Manager Helpdesk! Score Foundation