It was 18 Oct 2006, when sun zoom spark commented:

> Hello Accmailers ...
>
> You can find Pegasus Mail at these locations ...
>
> Pegasus Mail for MS-DOS v3.5 for DOS and Windows
> ftp://ftp.usm.maine.edu/pegasus/dos/pmail350.zip (1.2 Mb)
>
> That is to help subscribers who are interested in using newsmail
> and newspost.

FWIW, I believe Newsmail and Newspost would both require Win9x or better.
But it should be possible to use both with the DOS version of PMail, if
you're willing to run those programs separately.  Only advantage I can see
is the small size of the DOS package for download.

--

David Smith <dbsmith at atbbs.dyndns.org>
"And that's the news from Lake Wobegon, where all the women are