On Wed, Jul 27, 2016 at 1:58 PM, Michael Richardson
<mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:

> Mohit Sethi <mohit.m.se...@ericsson.com> wrote:
>     > designed/developed/specified for their use-case. I could definitely
>     > see some IoT startup building a solution that switches on the lights
>     > in a room as soon as you unlock the door (thus keeping them in the
>     > same group).
>
> Or perhaps more usefully, turning the lights (and the oven) off when you
> leave the house.

Good points, but you could do this without them being in the same
group with some controller that managed the interactions with each.
This would be a good set of examples for the security considerations
sections, providing guidance to use a controller rather than group
keys to perform useful functions like these.

Kathleen

> (How long did it take to get automobiles that turned the headlights off when
> the key
> was removed?)
>
> --
> Michael Richardson <mcr+i...@sandelman.ca>, Sandelman Software Works