Hi Michael,

On 2019-02-18, 02:35, "Ace on behalf of Michael Richardson"
<ace-boun...@ietf.org on behalf of mcr+i...@sandelman.ca> wrote:

    Richard Barnes <r...@ipv.sx> wrote:
        > Finally, to be totally honest, I find the EDHOC spec pretty
inscrutable. A
        > little more prose to explain what's going on would go a long way
toward
        > helping this discussion be productive.

    Sure.
    Find a WG to adopt it, and we can make the text beautiful.

I believe this is what the SecDispatch chairs are considering. I know of others
sharing your impatience too.

    The packets are all there, and the references pretty much explain all the
crypto.
    This stuff is not any newer than IKEv2.

EDHOC is neither TLS 1.3 nor IKEv2. The similarity with other AKEs comes from
being based on same SIGMA protocol. Current version of EDHOC is based on
Sigma-I, but the Sigma-R version discussed in a parallel thread is similar to
IKEv2:
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ace/ZDHYEhvI0PenU6nGrhGlULIz0oQ

Göran