From: Ace <ace-boun...@ietf.org> On Behalf Of Brian Campbell
Sent: den 10 januari 2020 21:57
To: Ludwig Seitz <ludwig_se...@gmx.de>
Cc: Roman Danyliw <r...@cert.org>; jwt-reg-rev...@ietf.org; Jim Schaad
<i...@augustcellars.com>; The IESG <i...@ietf.org>; ace@ietf.org;
drafts-lastc...@iana.org; Benjamin Kaduk <ka...@mit.edu>
Subject: Re: [Ace] [Jwt-reg-review] Requested review for IANA registration in
draft-ietf-ace-oauth-authz

I'm really struggling with understanding what the value of an "ace_profile"
claim actually would be in a JWT. A JSON string that's the profile name (though
5.6.4.3 maybe prohibits
that)?  A JSON number that's an integer matching the CBOR Value? Something else?

[LS] For JSON the string representation is ok, I reworded 5.6.4.3 to clarify
this.

Is the value of "exi" in a JWT a JSON number? Seems likely but it's something
that should probably be made explicit.

[LS] Now explicit

Also for "exi", the requirement in 5.8.3. to "keep track of the identifiers of
tokens containing the "exi" claim that have expired (in order to avoid
accepting them again)" seems problematic in that it sounds like it's mandating
an unbounded growth of memory use.

Section 6.6. proposes a mitigation for the unbounded growth of memory use
problem. Does that resolve your reservations?

The draft says that the "cnonce" claim (value) uses binary encoding. What does
that mean for JSON based JWT?

[LS] Now Base64 encoded binary for JSON.

On Sat, Dec 21, 2019 at 4:35 AM Ludwig Seitz