As I said, I have not fully thought it out.  A better way to state this might
be - this token uses the same key as rather than implying overriding.

-----Original Message-----
From: Olaf Bergmann <bergm...@tzi.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 17, 2020 11:32 PM
To: Jim Schaad <i...@augustcellars.com>
Cc: 'Francesca Palombini' <francesca.palomb...@ericsson.com>; 'Ace Wg'
<ace@ietf.org>
Subject: Re: [Ace] Update of access rights

Hi Jim,

Jim Schaad <i...@augustcellars.com> writes:

> define a new claim which says - This token supersedes the token(s)
> with CWTID values of "x", "y" and "z".

Isn't this the same as token revocation with all its implications?  I would
prefer strict token ordering combined with a sound revocation mechanism. In
both scenarios, you would still have the issue that the client forwards the
superseding token/revocation message if it has a benefit from doing so.

Grüße
Olaf