Hello Daniel,
I propose the following change to clarify the TLS use - if you are happy
with it, I will update the document:

To provide communication confidentiality and RS authentication to MQTT
clients, TLS

   is used, and TLS 1.3 [RFC8446] is RECOMMENDED.  This document makes

   the same assumptions as Section 4 of the ACE framework

   [I-D.ietf-ace-oauth-authz] regarding Client and RS registration with

   the AS and setting up keying material.  While the Client-Broker

   exchanges are only over MQTT, the required Client-AS and RS-AS

   interactions are described for HTTPS-based communication [RFC7230],

   using 'application/ace+json' content type, and unless otherwise

   specified, using JSON encoding. The Client-AS and RS-AS MAY also use
   protocols other than HTTP, e.g.  Constrained Application Protocol
   (CoAP) [RFC7252] or MQTT; it is recommended
    that TLS is used to secure the communication channels between Client-AS
and RS-AS."

Since it is in this paragraph, one thing that Francesca brought up to do is
to register the 'application/ace+json' content type.
Kind regards,
--Cigdem