Hi,

I am working a project where are using
spring-richclient on client side, Brightside Factory
Remoting(bs-remoting) for remoting, and EJBs (SLSBs +
MDBs) on JBoss App server.

We want to make the Authentication plugable to any SSO
solution and also want to provide a database driven
Authentication as well.

We also need to provide some auhorization depending on
User and its Roles which are dynamic and defined by
Administrator through same client.

Basically I need to Autheticate a User and setup the
client so they can access what their role is in
context to data. I am not worried about protecting
EJBs  or their methods at this point.
I am not sure if and how we can use Acegi in this
setup. I would really like to take advantage of Acegi
but no clear about how. Also I have seen Ben's
security package in spring-richclient project, but
looks like you are using spring framework for remoting
and services?

Any ideas?

Amad

--- Ben Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Benjamin Yu wrote:
>
> >I recall that the above (1-7) can be supported with
> Acegi as it currently
> >is, but  can anyone enlighten me on how (and if)
> Acegi can support them with
> >the User/Group/Roles/Permissions concept?
> >

> Hi Benjamin
>
> I think you'd be able to accomplish it by writing a
> custom
> GrantedAuthority, such as GroupRoleAuthority which
> stores a role:String
> and group:String (or whatever object is most
> appropriate to use for the
> group). You'd need your AuthenticationDao to
> correctly add these
> GroupRoleAuthoritys to the UserDetails response
> object.
>
> Then you'd write a custom GroupRoleVoter which
> specifically handles
> these GroupRoleAuthoritys and can vote to grant or
> deny access
> accordingly. You can avoid GroupRoleVoter if your
> GroupRoleAuthority.getAuthority() returns a valid
> String, such as
> "group\rolename" (in which case the standard
> RoleVoter will suffice).
>
> HTH
> Ben

> For reliable Linux application installations, use
> the industry's leading
> setup authoring tool, InstallShield X. Learn more
> and evaluate
> today.

http://clk.atdmt.com/MSI/go/ins0030000001msi/direct/01/

Check out the new Yahoo! Front Page.