Amad Fida wrote:

Thanks Alex,

just ignore my last email as you have explained in
detail what I need to do in order to get going with
Acegi.

The problem with #2 in my case is I don't know which
SSO solution each implementtion will require. It can
be SiteMinder, IBM's TAM or any other implementation.

Given CAS is already implemented, you should be fairly confident Acegi Security will work for you. Colin mentioned JOSSO (Java Open Single Sign-On) last week. You could have a go at implementing that if you wish. If you need a hand implementing another open source SSO solution, just send a message to the list and I'll give you a hand. With two SSO implementations you should be very comfortable the architecture is flexible enough to support future SSO implementations. Of course if you already have access to SiteMinder or one of the SSO implementations you'll definitely need to support, that would be the one to implement!

Also I need to provide a default
AuthenticationProvider for cases where there is not
SSO solution. The default implementation will be
probably JDBC based.

I think you'll find the DaoAuthenticationProvider will work fine for you as the fallback. Even with SSO implementations, typically you will delegate to an AuthenticationDao anyhow to obtain the list of GrantedAuthority[]s. SSO implementations typically focus on authentication - they leave the application to worry about authorisation and the roles/authorities granted to the authenticated user. As such you'll probably use an AuthenticationDao with most/all SSO implementations. As this is your common point, the AuthenticationDao's responsibility for GrantedAuthority[] generation will provide consistency that eases the concern you mentioned below.

so #2 also makes #3 little chalanging. But I am sure
with the help of this forum I can come up with a
solution which will be flexable enough to meet our
requirements.

I would encourage you to look at #5 if you are intending on enabling/disabling actions in Spring Rich based on GrantedAuthority[]s. It is something that strikes me as higher risk than the rest. Having said that, it's just higher risk from my point of view as I'm far less familiar with Spring Rich code than I am with Acegi Security code. You'll probably find Spring Rich will accommodate what you need to do just fine, and if not Keith Donald and the guys are very helpful.

Ben

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: Sybase ASE Linux Express Edition - download now for FREE LinuxWorld Reader's Choice Award Winner for best database on Linux. http://ads.osdn.com/?ad_id=5588&alloc_id=12065&op=click _______________________________________________ Acegisecurity-developer mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/acegisecurity-developer