I agree that others should perform their own Google searches, but
insulting someone as if they still lived with their parents (this
person may in fact be just a teenager and yes their mother still does
wash their socks) is not needed in the message. Just say "why not try
Google" and be done with it. The snide remarks are unnecessary and
counterproductive.

With a comment like that, you may have turned someone away that was
willing to help. But because they asked a newbie question, they got
slammed in an open forum and may not come back. Not the sort of
community I want to belong to. And not the normal commentary seen on
this list.

Sorry to everyone for the noise.

Patrick