Peng Wang wrote:

Bryan,

I did have such a build.properties in my %HOME% directory, and maven
works fine with displaytag, you know, jars downloaded from ibiblio,
aopalliance.jar is located in my
%MAVEN_HOME%/repository/aopalliance/jars/aopalliance-1.0.jar. If some
jars really missed, I think there would be an error saying "xxx can
not be download" etc. But it didn't happen. Maybe I did something
wrong? Yesterday I tried the following commands: "maven", "maven jar",
"maven dist", Some jars did download when "maven" command executing.
However I tried "maven multiproject:install", there are no downloading
processes, just preparing required directories and compiling sources
and raised errors. I used maven 1.1, jsdk 1.4.2_05, windows xp sp2

I've seen some odd problems when Maven starts downloading a JAR, but aborts for some reason (CTRL C) and it leaves the JAR there, making its next run think the JAR is correct. Perhaps try deleting your aopalliance-1.0.jar (and possibly the other dependencies as well) to force a re-download. Also try running "maven jar" from the "core" directory and see how that goes. Which version of Maven are you using? Could you please send the first error messages you receive during the Maven build, as messages toward the end of a build are often less valuable (missing JAR -> class doesn't compile -> other classes depending on that class don't compile etc).

Best regards