I have found the process outlined in "Suggested Steps" to be sound (http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net/suggested.html). Also, the reference guide is quite good (http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net/reference.html). I'm sure you'll find what you need if you read it. Also, you may mine the example contacts application for details on how to configure Acegi Security in a real application. When/if you run into trouble with a specific use case, the folks on this list are quite helpful.

Regards,
Matt