Matt DeHoust wrote:

I have found the process outlined in "Suggested Steps" to be sound (http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net/suggested.html). Also, the reference guide is quite good (http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net/reference.html). I'm sure you'll find what you need if you read it. Also, you may mine the example contacts application for details on how to configure Acegi Security in a real application. When/if you run into trouble with a specific use case, the folks on this list are quite helpful.

Another thought, you might like to try Luke's Acegifier web site, which can convert an existing web.xml into a baseline Acegi Security config. The best part is that it doesn't have all the ACLs etc shown in the Contacts Sample, and is thus easier to follow. The URL is:

http://monkeymachine.co.uk/acegifier/convert.htm

Best regards