On 10/3/05, Ben Alex <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Please let the list know when you make the upgrade, as I had some
> difficulty with 1.1 Beta 1 (though note it's now Beta 2).
>
> Any timeline on Maven 2 RC? Is Maven 2 Beta 1 sufficiently stable yet? I
> am really wanting to give it a try. At a stability level, is it even
> worth upgrading Acegi Security to 1.1 Beta 2, or waiting for either a
> newer 2.0 Beta or 1.1 RC? Can they (1.1 and 2) be run side-by-side easily?

I'll commit the changes needed to work with 1.1beta2, but it'll still
be backwards compatible, so there's no problem for those still using
1.0. 1.1beta1 had some problems, but I consider beta2 very stable, and
has lot of improvements. After I commit the changes you can give it a
try and decide if switching or waiting.

I have a basic working m2 configuration, which I can commit also, it's
completely independent from maven 1.x so you can use both at the same
time as m2 goes toward the final release. m2 is absolutely faster, but
it still lacks the functionality of all those maven 1 plugins out
there. m2 is absolutelly worth for compiling and running the tests.

I'll let you know guys when it's ready to use both m1.1 an m2.