Carlos Sanchez wrote:

m2 is absolutely faster, but
it still lacks the functionality of all those maven 1 plugins out
there. m2 is absolutelly worth for compiling and running the tests.
I am really looking forward to Maven 2, mainly for its speed and native plugins. I don't use many non-standard plugins. Indeed I just compile, JAR, WAR, test, Clover/Cobertura and build a project web site. If I can do that with Maven 2, it certainly meets my needs (and I suggest that of 80% of the all projects).

Will Maven 2 provide some sort of POM migration tool (from 1.x) or is the POM sufficiently generalised that it need not receive major changes?

Please let me know when any sort of newer version is available and working with Acegi Security, and I'll be sure to give it a try ASAP.

Cheers