        From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Mark St.Godard
        Sent: Tuesday, 8 November 2005 2:46 PM
        To: acegisecurity-developer@lists.sourceforge.net
        Subject: Re: [Acegisecurity-developer] Acegi 0.8.3 to 0.9.0
errors

        I dont think its in the Assert...from the stackTrace it looks
like it is getting into the contextHolder.set( ) when it NPEs

        I use Websphere 6 and Tomcat 5.5 ... I will also upgrade to 0.9
tomorow and see if it
        displays the appropriate behavior.

        Cheers,
        Mark

                Hi Mark and Ben,
                    I'm using WSAD 5.1 with its built-in Websphere 5.0
Test Environment on Windows XP Pro, then deploying to a Websphere
Application Server 5.0 instance on Windows 2000 Server.  Websphere 5.0
is still widely used in the financial industry, and uses IBM's JDK 1.3.
It isn't practical for me to test the app under Tomcat due to some
classloading issue I haven't had time to debug, but I suspect it would
work OK (as would running it within WAS 6.0).  I'd be glad to switch the
code back to ThreadLocal but I'm wondering if the Assert code might
actually be the problem?
                    Thanks,
                    Scott