Brandon Keepers wrote:
Is there a good reason for requiring constructor args instead of
setter methods for properties?  I don't intend to start a flame war
about constructor vs. setter injection, but I do think the setters
should at least be an option, especially to be consistent with the
rest of the acegi configuration.
In the future more and more of Acegi Security will use constructor injection for mandatory properties, and setter injection for optional properties (optional meaning null is acceptable, or the class provides an acceptable default). We are moving away from having invalid objects and requiring InitializingBean to detect missing properties.

Best regards