Scott Battaglia wrote:
Ben,

I'll work on a CAS3/Acegi AuthenticationHandler this week. It shouldn't be too difficultlt. Do you think having both the PasswordHandler and an AuthenticationHandler will cause problems? We are in RC, so I'm not sure we want to remove the handler.
After reading your and Andrew's mails, I think it best to keep CAS 2 compatibility in Acegi Security's CAS adapter subproject for a while longer. I am guessing 2.x and 3.x exist in different package namespaces, so having both JARs as dependencies shouldn't represent an issue.

I will also add an option to CAS to create an api jar file to place in a Maven repository so that we can include it in Acegi (we don't have one yet).

Excellent. In the meantime you are welcome to place them in the http://acegisecurity.sourceforge.net/maven repository. FYI you have access to shell.sourceforge.net:/home/groups/a/ac/acegisecurity/htdocs/maven by virtue of your CVS privileges.

Finally, we should update the references to CAS in the project to JA-SIG CAS with the URL http://www.ja-sig.org/products/cas/ [we just created this site]. Do you want me to do that?

Yes, please. If you could update the reference manual with an explanation of CAS 3.x-specific processes and some commentary about which version to use, it would be appreciated. If you don't have time to do this, would you please add it as a JIRA task so that it's tracked?

Cheers