1.On Mon, 2006-11-27 at 13:41 -0500, Stone, Robert W wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm lookng into implementing ACL-based security into Liferay-based
> portlet. I'm just wondering if code in sandbox mature enough or I
> better of using stable packages and wait for release. When I build
> code from branches/ldap_refactor_08_2006/ (Windows XP, Java(TM) 2
> Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_07-b03) I can
> compile springbox project fine, but all but 1 test are failing.

The acl sandbox code is in the 1.0.3 release now.

Lurking in this forum for some time I came to know that the new acl
implementation is the recommended solution for any new application. Also
the new acl implementation has more features and will have a broadened
application. Now that it is part of a release, you should consider
implementing based on the new acl code.

I am also looking forward to use the new acl code in our project, but I
see that there is no support for hibernate based persistence. I know
there is jira issue and its closed saying that the performance may not
be that good. But I would like to check out how well it performs with
caching and other hibernate optimizations and see the *actual* results.
Once I have something working, will post the results and would like to
contribute back to acegi if its useful for everyone :).

So far I see that the database layer is not completely separated and I
am reimplementing most of the persistence related classes (Acl,
AclService, MutableAcl, etc).