It's not so much an offline process as it is an out-of-band process from
ACME  for the ACME client to get the Service Provider code token that it
uses for the challenge.  But, perhaps what you're asking for is a statement
in the intro that talks about DV certificates being most common?     The
primary difference between how we use ACME is the identifier validation,
where for SHAKEN it's the Service Provider Code token.

Regards,
Mary.