Oh yes, right.  The scope of attack is only those domains that point to the
same IP address.  But, this still relies on web hosting companies to have
secure configurations such that User A can’t get a cert for user B's domain
when they share the same IP address.

As a CA I like this and would be able to get method 9 added back,  but it
still has a dependency that the web hosting company is doing the right
thing, and that might be a concern (we'd be depending on a web server
configuration to enforce accurate domain validation).

If this has the endorsement of Google and Mozilla, I'm in for it also.

Doug