Couple of comments:

0) s2: Use the update text:

 The key words "MUST", "MUST NOT", "REQUIRED", "SHALL", "SHALL
 NOT", "SHOULD", "SHOULD NOT", "RECOMMENDED", "NOT RECOMMENDED",
 "MAY", and "OPTIONAL" in this document are to be interpreted as
 described in BCP 14 [RFC2119] [RFC8174] when, and only when, they
 appear in all capitals, as shown here.

1) s3: For the base64URL safe text can you point to the base document; I think
it’s s6.1?

2) s3/s5.1: OID CLASH!  id-pe 30 is already assigned.  See:
https://www.iana.org/assignments/smi-numbers/smi-numbers.xhtml#smi-numbers-1.3.6.1.5.5.7.1

3) s4: Insert obligatory reference to RFC4086
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc4086/) for the randomness considerations
of the token.  I’ll submit something against acme-acme so you may just be able
to borrow that.

4) General: How are you addressing the algorithm agility concerns raised in BCP
201 (https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/rfc7696/)?  Is it just going to be v2 if
you need SHA-384?

5) General: Okay so I’m no cryptographer, but should the hash algorithm used in
the challenge correspond to the hash algorithm used in the PRF/HKDF?  I mean if
I’m going to use TLS 1.3 and TLS_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 should I really use SHA-256?

6) s5: I’d probably just add the following in s5.  I think everybody knows
what’s going on, but it’s good to be specific:

[[RFC Editor: please replace XXXX below by the RFC number.]]

spt