From: Windows 2000 [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 8:06 AM
To: Active Dir mailing list
Subject: [ActiveDir] DNS

I have a DNS server on campus that does not support DDNS.  This is the
primary DNS server and it is out of my control to make change to this
server.  Any good suggestions on how to design my AD site to support this
DNS server.  Do I setup an internal DNS server and forward all of my
requests to the primary DNS server.  If this is the case then all of my
clients just need to point to the internal DNS server and they will be able
to gain access to the AD network and to the internet?  Is there any special
configuration I need to make to the internal DNS server?  Is the campus DNS
server the authoratative DNS server?

Thanks for your help

Jason