From: Joe Sargent [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2001 8:14 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [ActiveDir] Hiding Account Names

We have adopted a policy to use Social Security Numbers as account logins in
our not native mode Windows 2000 domains.  We still have some old Windows NT
4.0 machines in an NT 4.0 domain that is trusted to the W2K domains.  I
noticed that when assigning rights for a Windows 2000 domain user to have
local share access on an NT 4.0 machine in a NT 4.0 domain the user account
shows up along with the users Windows 2000 account display name.  So I am
offering all the users the ability to get any person's SSN and their name to
go with it.  This is sensitive info and I would like for only users to see
the Windows 2000 display name and never actual account names.  Can this be
done?????

Thanks in advance.

Joe Sargent

Office (423) 585-6836   Fax  (423) 585-2630    Pager (888) 724-9041

Office - mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Joe Sargent
Network and Technical Support Manager
CCEN 312