I meant to say show how to CONNECT to a shared printer.....

-Joe Sargent

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Joe Sargent
Sent: Friday, February 08, 2002 1:05 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [ActiveDir] Default Printer

Here is my 2 cents.  I tried to install and share printers but it did not
work with VBscript. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but it never seemed to
work.  I finally got it to work using rundll32.

The examples show in previous post show how to share, not install printers.
Below are examples of what I use in some login scripts using rundll32 to
share printers, but you can also use this with the correct switches to
install printers.  If you type the following at the command line you will
get a printer user interface help window with all kinds of help and switch
descriptions.

rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /?

Here are my examples.......

        ::delete the current s200 printer
        rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /dl /q /n  s200

        ::create the shared printer
        rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /q /n \\Sevier-pdc\HP4050-S200-Out

        ::wait for shared printer to be created
        timeout 6

        ::make the created shared printer the default printer
        rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /y /q /n \\Sevier-pdc\HP4050-S200-Out

HTH

Joe Sargent