Hi All,

I was having some problems with a DC that I needed to rebuild as a member
server. I successfully transferred all the necessary roles and the domain
and directory are sound. The machine would not demote via dcpromo due to
some lsass errors... I received a patch directly from Microsoft and the
thing blue screened! I basically didn't need the machine as a domain
controller and am happy at that, the machine has now been rebuilt as a
member server under a different name.

Of course the old domain controller is still lingering in the AD and other
DCs are trying to replicate with it, etc. How do I remove all traces of
this thing? I know it's possible with ntdsutil but am unsure about how to
tackle it, if not a little apprehensive of using it.

Thanks and best regards,

Robert Rutherford

This E-mail and any files transmitted with it are in commercial
confidence and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity
to whom they are addressed. If you have received this E-mail in error
please notify the Administrator by E-mail ([EMAIL PROTECTED]).

Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do
not necessarily represent those of DEK Printing Machines Ltd., or its affiliates.