I second that - my login scripts on NT4 have been perl based since I joined
- the flexibility is simply awesome.

I've been playing with deploying ActivePerl via GPO to my workstations then
writing GPO scripts in PerlScript (perl inside WSH files) - seems to work a
treat :)

Paul

|--------+---------------------------------->
|        |          Ken Cornetet            |
|        |          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|        |          m>                      |
|        |          Sent by:                |
|        |          [EMAIL PROTECTED]|
|        |          ivedir.org              |
|        |                                  |
|        |                                  |
|        |          16/04/2002 18:18        |
|        |          Please respond to       |
|        |          ActiveDir               |
|        |                                  |
|--------+---------------------------------->

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |

  |      To:     "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                                        |
  |      cc:
                                                        |
  |      Subject:     RE: [ActiveDir] Logon Scripting
                                                        |

>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|

KixStart is pretty handy. It has several features that make it easy to use
as a login script language. It's simple enough that even non-programmers
should be able to pick it up easily.

In my humble opinion, however, KixStart peters out pretty quickly when
attempting to do much more than map drives. Developing anything other than
trivial scripts gets complicated quickly.

If you aren't afraid of programming, I'd recommend doing your login scripts
in Perl. Perl and the Win32 extensions have a bit of a steep learning
curve,
but it's well worth it.